Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't Tell It Where I Am

Shhh....don't say anything. I won't either. Maybe if we're totally quiet my cough won't find me. Shhh...

I just came from the salon where I spent my life's savings on another haircut. No, it wasn't nearly the heart attack-inducing amount I was faced with paying several months ago but it was still pretty bad. Especially for someone who is used to paying maybe $50 for a cut and color (or $20 for a cut and $10 for a box of color from the drugstore). So why did I go back? Seriously, why, after I was told that everything in my beauty regime was wrong and I still ended up emptying my wallet and bank account, did I even consider returning? I suppose it's because I really liked the way my hair turned out. I got lots of compliments. I even got a "You're hair looks f**king awesome." I even liked the makeup tips she gave me, after I calmed down and stopped wanting to hate her for making me feel ugly during my appointment. In total, the package worked. It was an investment. Truly. And today when I realized that I was able to go for three full months without coloring my hair and still feel like it looked decent, the investment made much more sense. I still have a hard time justifying the amount I spent, even though tonight's price was half of what it was three months ago. I'm not the type of person to insist on expensive beauty products, and until now, that included haircuts. But, I suppose some things are worth the extra expense. I've always loved my hair the best, in terms of my features, so it makes sense that I might consider pampering myself a bit more in that department.

Now, I'm going to put my feet up, have a snack and calmly channel my inner zen goddess so I can continue to hide from my cough. Calm. Oooommm.

No comments: