Soon I will be kneeling before God on Christmas Eve, reflecting on the past year by glow of candlelight, soft music swirling around me, my husband by my side.
It has been a very good year. God has certainly been walking by my side, and I am forever thankful. My blessings are His doing.
Five babies have been born into my circle of family and friends. Merry first Christmas to Evan, Katie, Jacob, Grace and Isobel. Welcome to the world. I love you all.
My parents have found happiness in a house up north, and it is beautiful. It is certainly the perfect place to begin new memories and honor the old. I look forward to many happy tomorrows in Harbor Springs.
Though I had to say goodbye to my childhood home, two strangers have moved in, eager to start creating memories with their newborn daughter. I wish them nothing but joy. I hope my home will bring them much comfort and pleasure.
I will be finishing my Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from Wayne State University in another couple weeks. I received a envelope from the Alumni Society today and burst into tears. I suppose I didn't realize how happy I would honestly be to complete my journey.
My husband and I enjoyed an amazing trip to Paris, viewing priceless works of art and history. We ate a candlelit dinner by the Seine and kissed at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Our trip was proof that sometimes a struggle can bring about unexpected gifts.
And for all the other blessings, the day-to-day triumphs, the kisses at the door, the hand reached out to hold mine, the warm home, the financial security, the conversations with friends, the laughter and now, the happy tears.
Though there have certainly been trials, I sometimes stop and wonder how I deserve so much happiness. How did I get here this year? I am blessed beyond measure. When I light my candle this year and prepare to sing Silent Night, I will be remembering everything I have just written about, and I will be thanking God.
"Heaven's not beyond the clouds. It's for us to find here."
Garth Brooks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment