I may have spoken too soon. I am blessed beyond measure but the Christmas season and the end of this year have been full of more challenges than the entire year combined. I'm ready to start fresh and I sense that I'm not alone. The unexpected is becoming something to be expected...for many I know.
Personally, I've been dealing with my own emotional roller coaster while also trying to share and handle the situation with my overworked significant other. We've had many a heated discussion in the past two weeks (though thankfully all have been beautifully resolved). My grandfather has been in and out of the hospital, and as such, my parents have been up and down the state trying to help care for him. He is now in a nursing home. Then...my mother got sick and then my sister got sick. We have had to rearrange our Stemzynski Christmas a couple times already. I'm still waiting for someone else to get sick before our newly scheduled get-together this coming Wednesday. My place of employment almost burned down yesterday when an electrical short caused the building to fill with smoke. Today, there is a lingering smell of something terrible which is making my stomach turn over repeatedly. My co-workers have been sick and/or have sick relatives in the hospital. And to top it all off, Jason and I have no power, heat or cell phone service today...hence the reason I am at work unexpectedly on a Sunday. Sigh. CRAZY! What a lesson in patience. I'm trying to remember that God has everything planned out and that He works all things for good (even if we can't immediately understand). But I'm telling you...when Jason and I regain our power but our chimney is suddenly knocked down by the driving winds and we are unable to go up north because we have to deal with a big hole in our house...I might just crawl under the covers and not come out for several weeks regardless of my beliefs.
But the good news is that my grandfather is still with us. He's doing better than he was in previous days. He might not be at home where I'm sure he'd rather be but he may possibly be on the mend. My parents are back up north at home and feeling healthier. Jason and I had a good Christmas Eve and Day, celebrating with his family. We had two really, really super dinners. We had fun playing with our Wii. We were able to throw a totally last-minute "party" for our friends last night before we lost power. And, I found out that I got an A in my very last graduate class at Wayne State. Yay! I'm totally looking forward to a new year minus homework!! So...all's not lost. Hopefully things will turn around. Hopefully Jason and I will have power by tonight. Hopefully no one else gets sick and I can finally see my family and celebrate Christmas in a couple days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
For now...I'm going to try and continue to make the best of my situation. At least I'm in a warm building with lights, even if it smells funny and is filled with expectant people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment